DRINK- 2oz Red Wine, 3oz Sprite
RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 1 (4 1/2- to 5-lb. ) whole chicken
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3 pieces each
- 2 carrots, cut into 3 pieces each
- 2 1/2 to 3 tsp. salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican-style chili powder*
- 3 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 12 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1. If applicable, remove giblets from chicken, and reserve for another use. Rinse chicken.
- 2. Place chicken, celery, carrots, and salt in a large Dutch oven with water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 50 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is done. Remove from heat. Remove chicken from broth; cool 30 minutes. Remove and reserve 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Strain any remaining cooking liquid, and reserve for another use.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add bell pepper and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, cream of mushroom soup, and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.
- 4. Skin and bone chicken; shred meat into bite-size pieces. Layer half of chicken in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with half of soup mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with half of corn tortilla strips. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *1 tsp. chili powder and 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper may be substituted for Mexican-style chili powder.
- Lightened King Ranch Chicken Casserole: Reduce butter to 1 Tbsp. Substitute reduced-fat cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup for regular and 2% reduced-fat cheese for regular. Prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 50 minutes; uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Cracker Barrel 2% Milk Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Quick-and-Easy King Ranch Chicken Casserole: Substitute 1 (2-lb.) skinned, boned, and shredded deli-roasted chicken for whole chicken, 3 cups coarsely crumbled lime-flavored white corn tortilla chips for corn tortillas, and 3/4 cup chicken broth for cooking liquid. Omit celery, carrots, and salt. Prepare recipe as directed, beginning with Step 3.
DRINK- 1oz Vodka, 2oz. Triple Sec, 3oz. Lemonade, 3oz Sprite
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1/2 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
MAKE cut in one long side of each chicken breast, being careful to not cut through to opposite side. Fill pockets with asparagus and shredded cheese.
PLACE on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; top with Parmesan.
BAKE 20 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Meanwhile, prepare stuffing as directed on package. Serve with chicken
DRINK-1oz gin, 1oz Rum, 1oz Triple Sec, 1oz Blue Curacao, 2oz Sprite, 2oz Cranbery Juice
Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
||to 6 small red potatoes, quartered
||teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
||teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
||to 3 garlic cloves, minced
||tablespoon olive oil
||tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
||tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange chicken and potatoes in ungreased 13×9-inch pan. In small bowl, mix rosemary, seasoned salt, garlic and oil. Brush over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F), and potatoes are light golden brown. Sprinkle with chives.
DRINK-2oz Cognac, 2oz Grand Marnier, 3oz Sprite
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 6 slices white bread, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard, divided
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix ground beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix in bread, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons mustard and 1/4 cup ketchup.
- Press the meat mixture into a 9×5 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, stir together remaining mustard, ketchup and brown sugar; pour on top of the meat loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 hours.
DRINK-1oz Rum, 2oz Blue Curacao, 3oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) can (8 to 10 count) artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded imported Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the shrimp in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Gently squeeze any excess liquid from the artichoke hearts, break the hearts into quarters, and arrange in spaces between the shrimp. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and parsley over the shrimp and artichoke hearts; sprinkle lemon juice over the crumbs.
- Melt butter with garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; drizzle the butter mixture over the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the top with Romano cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs and cheese brown lightly and the shrimp turn opaque and orange-pink in color, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.
DRINK-1oz Rum, 1oz Drambuie, 4oz Lemonade
Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 dashes liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon fines herbs
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, skin removed, cut into pieces
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a large shallow dish, combine water, wine, sesame oil, soy sauce, mustard, brown sugar and liquid smoke. Stir in Italian dressing mix, orange zest, ginger, paprika and fines herbs. Place chicken in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Discard marinade. Grill chicken 15 to 20 minutes per side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Occasionally place rosemary sprigs on coals to impart a unique smoky flavor to chicken.
DRINK-1oz. Ciroc Berry, 3oz Pineapple Juice, 3oz Sprite
Peachy Pork Chops
- 4 (1 1/4 inch) thick pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained and syrup reserved
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Trim all visible fat from chops and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown chops in vegetable oil.
- Combine reserved peach syrup, brown sugar and ginger. Pour over chops and bring to a boil. Add peaches and cook, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to half and thick. Turn chops occasionally to insure even cooking. Serve!
Serve with mashed potatoes